The Deputy Mayor of the IC of Zaragoza, Fernando García Marín and Vice President for Science Policy at the University of Zaragoza, Luis Miguel Garcia Vinuesa, inaugurated the permanent exhibition based on citizen science and mathematics.
What is Science Remix ?
A new exhibition concept, both collaborative and educational space . Located permanently in Etopia Center for Art and Technology Zaragoza, is dedicated to different experiments and activities within Citizen Science, Mathematics and Creativity .
What can we find at Science Remix ?
‘ Science Remix’ combines two complementary spaces that form a unique and permanent work space, shared experimentation, and scientific publication :
• Citizen Science , which integrates several real participatory research experiments allowing visitors to play online games and provide value to real scientific groups worldwide.
• Matopia , dedicated to mathematics and technology , in which, in a fun way, participats experience, create and learn by stimulating, play , information and cooperation, with activities for all ages.
What is the development made by the BIFI and the Ibercivis Foundation, what is?
They have made all of Citizen Science . The exhibition has various interdisciplinary experiments for all visitors:
– Analysis of scientific images, from human cells to animal identification or marking of sunspots and galaxies.
– Games where there are paths between words and games between humans and machines.
– Maps of human sensors that create urban maps , measuring Geolocated how flu spreads , water quality , urban temperatures , or the state of happiness by volunteers.
– Computation volunteer with a virtual simulator of a nuclear fusion reactor.
– Remote Reality for real experiments with springs, pulleys and pendulums.
There are also projections and citizen science displays in real time , looking at what volunteers are doing around the world . It is a dynamic space and all its contents will be updated over time depending on the tastes of visitors and the needs of the research groups .
What ‘s different about this project?
This project is a global pioneer , being the first permanent public open space dedicated to Citizen Science . On the one hand it offers the public new ways of learning by working individually and collectively. The leading laboratories are open to everyone and bring dialogue and debate to people, which is necessary to solve the current global challenges. And for researchers a “center of data generation and processing of citizens” has been created, that collects data from volunteers to enhance and complement the capabilities of current scientific infrastructure.
This idea has been lead by the European project Socientize and has attracted interest from institutions such as the European Commission and from different networks of laboratories and science museums, once again putting the city of Zaragoza, Zaragoza University and Ibercivis Foundation at the forefront of innovation in Citizen Science .
When can we visit the exhibition and collaborate with your experiments?
Visits to ‘ Science Remix’ can be made daily , Monday to Friday from 17.00 to 21.00 and Saturday from 10.00 to 14.00 . Programs will be complemented by guided tours, on Thursday evening from 19pm for different groups. Additional workshops and training activities , mainly for school groups can also be made .
Who made the innovative design of space?
The creative conceptualization and design exhibition ‘ Science Remix’ , has been developed by the group Yudigar HMY, main collaborator of the sample , which has created an innovative approach combining unconventional museology , with elements of recreational areas and public space, complemented by various technological devices in order to create a unique experience for all visitors.
See you at # CienciaRemix