The event will be held on Tuesday 8th November 2016 in Berlin at the Museum für Naturkunde.
This round table is the first of a series of stakeholder events that ECSA is organizing with the objective of improving the link between Citizen and DIY Science and the political sphere. Throughout the DITOs project, ECSA and its members will coordinate European and national Stakeholder Round Tables on cross-cutting RRI issues, such as gender equality and the inclusion of disadvantaged groups, ethics, the involvement of SMEs and industry, and methods of evaluating DITOs activities.
Objectives of the European Stakeholder Round Table on Citizen and DIY Science and RRI:
– Bringing together the CS and DIY community, explore joint approaches and synergies of the two communities;
– Informing about DITOs and possibilities to get involved;
– Creating a shared understanding of challenges and potentials of RRI for the CS and DIY communities;
– Present and discuss the draft ECSA Policy Paper produced by the ECSA Working Group RRI & CS;
– Gather inputs from CS and DIY stakeholders on their needs and barriers to conduct good CS and DIY in Europe (what is needed in terms of funding, laws, capacity building etc. and how ECSA can support this);
– Identify policy priorities for the ECSA work in DITOs.
From 10:00 to 16:30
How responsible is Citizen Science?
Fermin Serrano, Foundation Ibercivis, Chair ECSA Working Group on CS and RRI
Presentation on how are RRI is defined, presentation and discussion of ECSA Policy Paper elaborated by ECSA RRI WG